Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Irena's Vow on Broadway

Last week my boyfriend Kevin and I saw Irena's Vow on Broadway. It's the true story of Irena Gut, a Catholic who saved 12 Jews in Germany by hiding them in her cellar.

The play is written by Dan Gordon, the screenwriter of a film that I've always admired, Murder In The First and Surf Ninajs, which I remember liking when I was eleven. He's written an exciting 95-minute one-act, artfully staged by Michael Parva.

Tovah Feldshuh is wonderful in the title role, but this isn't a one women show. She's surrounded by a great cast, including Tracee Chimo, who was in a pilot about NYC off-off Broadway (Called Breaking In - watch here) that I directed a few years ago.

A film version is already in the works, so see it live before it hits the big screen. Visit the official site for more information.

(Note: I work on Irena's Vow's internet marketing team, but I truly enjoyed the production.)

No comments:

Post a Comment