Thursday, February 19, 2009

RENT May Go On At Calif. School

I just received confirmation that Ronald Martin, the hero drama teacher at Corona del Mar High School, is putting a copy of the RENT script on bigoted principal Fal Asrani's desk on Monday. He is still pushing to do the show, with the full support of the parents of every cast member.

Asrani will have to read the script, and reply in writing as to her objections. She'll no longer be able to lie to the media about the reasons for not wanting to do the show.

I spoke to a parent of a cast member on the phone tonight, who said that she was feeling very optimistic about her child getting to perform in the show. Apparently the Anti-Defamation League is now involved.

To catch up on this story, read my first and second pieces.

2 comments:

  1. Great consistent coverage of this story! I'm curious to see where this goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Justin, I'll def. be keeping up with it.

    ReplyDelete